Friday, 16 February 2007

She liked the dogs!!

Having finished three options on the dog and flower theme I decided that I would indeed go along to the BWG lunch (I was going to pass on it (Or Pike on it as Liss would say)) because I wanted to have something to take to Dao that afternoon - but since I had already achieved my goal for the day I felt that I had earned the right to stuff myself silly at the new Chinese restaurant that the lunch was being held at. My lovely friend Susan kindly offered to give me a lift over there which was great cause my sense of direction has not improved since moving here and I had absolutely no idea where I was supposed to be going. The restaurant is called Monkeys and it's in 136/3 Thong Lor 11 (If you don't live here that will mean nothing to you but there is nothing more annoying than reading about somewhere and then discovering that there is no address). The restaurant was really nice - there were about 30 of us so we were seated upstairs in two groups and the food was served on to a glass turntable. We had three different types of dim sum, followed by morning glory and deep fried pork, spicy chicken soup, duck pancakes, fish and then noodles. I gave up half way through the meal - and only managed a mouthful of the fish and the noodles just to try them.....I was so full (Definitely waddled out the place)

I then got a cab over to see Khun Dao who spread out the drawings and then told me she loved them and that she would take two of the dog drawings as well as the one for her uncle (that's who the one with the teeth is for). I was so pleased I headed straight home and started work on the final pieces (The dog ones) - which I finished today (How smug am I??). I'm not sure how great they look in the photo but here are the finished articles (First time I have done any in colour which was a bit daunting but I think they look OK)

9 comments:

  1. Love your drawings - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your drawings again - this time it's added my name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the drawings, love the blog - have had a lot of bother with passwords and couldn't get on to leave a comment, but ok now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need a scanner so you can scan these drawings in at high res. and have a good quality permanent record of them. They're great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!

    That sounds like one heck of a meal - 30 people at a restaurant on Thong Lor.

    Geez.....if i was expected to pay for that, then i'd be fleeing out the backdoor!

    The nearest i get to an expensive Chinese meal is the Dim Sum ouy of 'Tops'

    See you around Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, forget to mention my name Steve Suphan (AKA: Stephen Cleary)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the kind comments - was a bit nervous about putting the drawings up!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The best bit about the meal Steve was that it was only 600 baht a head (£8.50)and that included a large glass of wine!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the pics,his knee's ain't improved with age.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so please leave one.