Saturday, 21 June 2008

Exciting Arty News....

Well, there have been some exciting developments on the art front recently!! I will be able to tell you more about it soon (and hopefully be able to direct you to the website) but through a blog friends introduction (You know who you are) I am now working with a guy in the UK illustrating his children's stories. I've done four already and next week will be working on a design that will be the front cover for all the books and will be on the website!!! Seriously, how cool is that!...can't wait to be able to tell you more!!

Hey, my good news doesn't stop there!!! In addition to that, I have sold another three pictures AND have had a piece commissioned.....Woooo Hooooo!!! I'm really looking forward to starting it.....I've got loads of information about the family - stuff like where they went on their honeymoon, what's important to them, where they are from, where they met, favourite holiday's, what they like doing in their spare time, favourite books, children's birthdays etc and I'm going to create something that will subtly incorporate all of that (I've got loads of ideas already). They saw the one that I did for my Mum and wanted something similar (unfortunately my scanner isn't big enough to get the whole image on but if you click on the picture it will be enlarged and you can get a better view of it)

Hmmm, blogging might be a bit sporadic but I will definately keep you up-to-date with what's going on!!

13 comments:

  1. That is quite beyond exciting! I can't believe you've kept this from me!! Congratulations C, that is brilliant news and can't wait to hear more about it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I am guessing and hoping that I know which writer you are illustrating for! I am so happy for you and can't wait to buy a copy of the book!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is so exciting. Looking forward to hearing all the details and seeing the pics.
    JJx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huge congratulations honey!

    Wow :)

    I have some children's stories that I'd love you to illustrate ... should we form a queue ...

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of VERY good news!!

    Your artwork is brilliant Carol. The queue for your services will be very long soon!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done you.
    Tomato

    ReplyDelete
  7. And i've just noticed (the muppet that Iam) if I dont type the security word thingy You don't get my comments
    I weep for all my lost pearls of wisdom

    And grimace again at minie-me
    :-{

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mel - It's very exciting isn't it!! I have not said anything to anyone because I had to do a couple of examples to see if I was the right person to do it. We agreed on Friday that I was the one :-). Watch this space!!

    DJ - You may know this person. I was introduced by someone that comments here and we've been e-mailing each other ever since. I'm seriously hoping that it all works out :-)

    JJ - I know, I know!! As I said to Mel I didn't know whether he was going to go with my work until Friday so am now all excited!!

    Caroline - Thanks Sweetie!! I would love to illustrate some of your children's stories (and am thrilled that you would like me to!!). Just let me know and I'll give it a go!!

    Lane - Awwww, that's a lovely thing to say.....Thanks honey!! I still can't quite believe it!!

    Tomato - Thanks Sweetie.

    Blimey, you had pearls of wisdom....and I missed it!!!

    (I was getting lots of spam on past posts so had to put the security thing on to stop that happening.)

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi hun and great news on the art, so proud of you xxx. i can't get into SL at the moment, my blog explains it, nor am I happy about it!

    TC hun and see in SL soon, if I ever get back in.

    Lee XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. Such great news! Isn't it amazing to be able to live your life doing your art? Congrats on it all, and have fun! And make sure you tell us when and how we can get the book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't that absolutely fantastic! I know you'll love doing the childrens book illustrations. I also know the amount of work you put into my picture - however, the amount of pleasure I get from it is incalculable! Someone is going to be very happy indeed!

    Love Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, you must be thrilled. Looking at your pictures I'm not surprised you've sold and been commissioned to do more, they're brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Leigh - Thanks honey...every time I think about it I grin like a looney!!

    Just been on your blog...can't believe that you are being treated like that. Let me know how you get on!! xxx

    Sue - It's very exciting and I can't wait till I am able to tell everyone more about it!! (Hopefully that will be next week)

    Mum - I had so much fun doing the illustrations. One was a box full of colours so I had coloured swirls going all over the place!!

    I'm glad your still loving your pic :-)

    Debs - Thanks honey :-). I still can't quite believe it but am looking forward to getting started....

    C x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so please leave one.