Wednesday, 4 March 2009

'For the record' - A meme

Since I am not going to have internet access for the next few days I thought I would leave you with this fun little meme.
For those of you that have ever wanted to be in a band....here's what you do...
1. Band Name. Go to 'wikipedia' (click here) and hit 'random article'. The first article it comes up with is what you call the name of your band.
Result: My Band name is Cookie Bouquet (Decorated cookies on sticks that have been arranged in a container much as a flower bouquet might be)

2. Album Title. Go to "Random quotations" (click here) and then click on Random Quotes. The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.
Result: My Album Title is Hung out to dry. (OMG the quote made me laugh so I'm going to share it with you...... 'Anybody caught selling macrame in public should be dyed a natural colour and hung out to dry' Calvin Trillin.)

3. Album Cover. Go to flickr (click here). The third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.
Result: I got a gorgeous drawing from a lady called shawna.

4. The Album. Use a graphics package to put it all together. (If you don't have one then you can go here for a free online one)

5. TAG the friends you want to join in. I tag anyone that wants to have a go....it's good fun!!

(If you do have a go please let me know....I'd like to see what you come up with)

18 comments:

  1. I didn't have a graphics package but now I do so here I go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!
    Well I couldn't resist starting it and the band name is Väljaküla, which is a province in Estonia it seems. Cool name:-)

    Must remember not to sell my macrame in public:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My band is called: White Sulphur Springs Station. It's a railway station in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia.

    I'll have that as a good omen for my Stationmaster Ruth ms that's 'still under consideration'.

    Album title: Waist begin(s) to Change Places

    Album cover - I cheated a bit here, it was the third picture along though and it's
    'Blurred Belly'
    It fits so well with the title!!

    xxPat

    ReplyDelete
  4. failed failed.....blubb..will that do?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm saving this for my morning cuppa. Mr FF is in the UK so I've got to spend my morning somehow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm looks complicated! I think I will pretend I didn't see thsi meme invitation and go read your other post that I missed. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The name of my band is 'Child in Need institute' and my first album title is 'then they were wrong'. As for the picture - I got distracted by barking and then lost it at all and had to return and start again ...and lost heart. But at least I half-participated

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. My cat is most touched that you named your band after her x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carol, I've ceased my blog and I won't be on the blog-o-whatsit at all. But I really did enjoy your replies. I hope yesterday went fine. All the best - TAF.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this meme - it's going around Facebook too.

    I started doing it, but got side-tracked... oh dear!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - yours is soooo cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is cool! I must give it a go - I think your pic worked brilliant with your song title!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi My Band is called Kiev Passage
    The Album Title is

    Somebody rather than by Somebody.
    COOL or WHAT!!!...

    The Album cover is beautiful
    Perkins Pond by Jeff Newcomer...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you two are ok!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is everything alright in the double C household? Post soon, okay?

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so please leave one.