Tuesday, 28 April 2009

I've not updated in ages...I'm so naughty

Holy Blog Of Doom, Batman! I have not updated this blog for ages... You would not believe that I'd been abducted by aliens. Apologies to my regular readers! Even the little blue ones!.

I am totally exhausted with finding Jesus (after someone told me he was lost), learning to fart the theme to neighbours, just generally being an embarrassment to my husband, my day sprawls from the first cockadoodledoo from the rooster till I run out of alcohol. I am avoiding recapture. I need a nap.


I won't promise anything to you but I will make more of an effort to blog more often until the nice men in the white coats come back. What? What do you mean you don't believe me?


(If you would like a lazy way to create a 'OMG I've not updated my blog in ages' post then click here)

What I have actually been doing is;

Working on my University application....who knew it was going to be so bloomin difficult!!! The process is very odd including having to have a pre-written reference, which can only be 47 lines long, included in your actual application and don't even get me started on the formatting!!!

Attacking ground with a trowel and plants with secateurs. Seriously, anyone who loves gardening please feel free to come and have a go at tackling the jungle outside our back door that is laughingly called a garden. Yep, I have confirmed that gardening is not my thing....although I have got a huge sense of achievement from what I have done so far. (I will show you pictures of the before and after once I find my camera)

We've been to see the splats (2 months to go....actually, two months to the day!!)

I've been working on a couple of drawings that I'm giving as presents

We've visited Avebury and the White Horse on the hill. I was really impressed with Avesbury .... it was fab being able to walk round the actual stones and the circles are huge .....I wish we knew more about them and why they are there!! The white horse was stunning as well and you can see it for miles when you are driving towards it.

Erm, that's about it really.....Oh....no it's not!! We applied for tickets to go to Radio 1's big weekend which is in Swindon this year and I got an e-mail a couple of days ago to say that we've been selected. I am so excited about it.....on the day we are going (Saturday 10th May) we will get to see Snow Patrol, Kasabian, The Script, Basement Jaxx and Florence and the Machine to name but a few.....not a bad way to celebrate your wedding anniversary eh!!

I am now going to catch up with you all :-)

22 comments:

  1. Holy Haddocks! THanks for this funny post. Hope this means you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Avebury - better than Stonehenge I think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooohoooo! Welcome back PROPERLY at last! That post really hit the Mirth button (to the right of Scroll Lock).

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Well, you've been busy - now let's hope you aren't too busy to blog a wee bit more...
    Coming over to the UK next month, think I will have to see if I can track down Avebury and the White Horse - we'll be in Bath for a bit so that's not too far away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Avebury too. Great to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a busy Robin you've been! Good to see you back and hope the dastardly uni application is alsmost finished and despatched.

    You're anniversary is going to be good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know the difference between your and you're really. Honest:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. JEEPERS BATMAN - YOU'VE RETURNED!!!!!

    so good to hear about all your news - well done on the application/the gardening/the out and abouting/ seeing the splats.

    Blogland misses you but your real life must come first - we understand (sulk)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ladyfi - Hehehe, couldn't resist doing that and had a stupid amount of fun putting the picture together (I really need to get out more don't I!!!)

    I shall probably be fairly quiet next week as we're going up to Scotland to clear the house which will be tough but it's good that we've got Radio 1's big weekend at the end of it. Gives us something to look forward to!!

    Lindsay - I've not been to Stonehenge yet but have been told by more than one person that Avebury is much better. We'll get round to visiting eventually

    TAF - Thank you...I'm now learning to fart the tune to Home and Away....can't do one without being able to do the other!!!

    Absolute Vanilla (and Atyllah) - Ooooh you won't be far away at all!!! If you do make it there I can also highly recommend the local pub :-)

    Queenie - It's good to be back....it's tragic just how much I missed it!!

    Lane - LOL....I read your second comment and thought...what the devil is she talking about....I hadn't even noticed!!!

    It's not quite despatched but it's nearing completion :-)

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  10. French Fancy - You managed to sneak in there!!!

    I've really missed blogging and catching up with everyone but....

    I'm back....I'm bad....I'm other things beginning with b that I can't think of....bonkers?? bananas....ok, I'm going to stop now :-)

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh glad you are back! I've missed your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. DJ - Thanks hon...it's good to be back. I'm looking forward to participating in your WW tomorrow :-)

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Real life rules! (that's what my wife says!). Besides, its good to have a busy life I think!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Malmesbury Photography - Real life does rule but so does blog life too :-)

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holy mackerel, what a bad blogger girl you have been. But shhhhhh, the men in white coats haven't noticed yet, so you're fine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hullabahoney - I won't tell them if you don't :-)

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome back. Good luck with the uni application and hooray for the splats! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great to see you here again! You were missed, but sounds like you were up to all sorts of great stuff. Btw, i think you and I should start a "I hate gardening but I like looking at stuff other people planted" club. Whaddya' say? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Helen - Thanks hon. I'm currently trying to get through to my referee.....it's never ending!!!

    SueG - Hahaha, I think that's a brilliant idea...but we may have to shorten the title a little :-)

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Welcome back.
    Hugs for the weekend. Try to let the happy memories win
    xxPat

    ReplyDelete
  21. Crikey, Batman, where has she been? Now you've been recaptured by the Brits... I love the bit about your garden, wish I was nearer, I'd love to get stuck into it. Ah well.
    You sound very busy so we'll all forgive you. Hope the Uni application goes well. As for the Radio concert jobby, I've never heard of any of them but I'm sure it'll be great!
    Love
    BT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pat - That's what we're hoping to do. Thanks for the support :-)

    BT - I wish you were nearer too....failing that....a magic wand would also do the job :-)

    LOL at your never heard of any of them comment...trust me they are great!!

    C x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so please leave one.