Friday, 5 June 2009

Gobsmacked!!

I seem to be having a right old rant about things this week but I saw something advertised on TV last night and was so gobsmacked that I just had to mention it!!

You know those awful adverts that ask you to subscribe to some text messaging thing for just £4 a week (What a bargain!!!) and then you can text it your name and the name of your loved one and it will send you back your love percentage well they are now offering a new service.....

Now you can text in your name and the name of your loved one and it will send you back......wait for it......your baby's name!!! Unfortunately, I kid you not!!

I'm not pregnant (before any of you start getting the wrong idea) but according to this baby name generator (yes, they have them online too!!) if Chris and I were to have a baby we should call it Shaylee (Oh for the love of god!!) if it were a girl and Alvin (It's a baby....not a chipmonk!!) if it was a boy!! What should you call yours? (The comments are quite funny if you keep clicking on it!!) (OMG I really need to get out more!!).

16 comments:

  1. According to the link, my daughter should be called Delilah.....which, actually, being Welsh, isn't a bad stab. However, she is called Rosa which is also a bit errie that it managed to get a very Welsh Song & a Flower combination. Eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! It suggested: Byron, Glenn and Scarlett.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It suggested

    Javen Emilio Charlton

    Duh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malmesbury Photography - LOL...that is a bit errie!! (I like Rosa better!!)

    Ladyfi - They are not too bad...much better than Alvin and Shaylee!! (Doesn't Shaylee make you think of some dodgy fortune teller sitting in a tent asking you to cross her hands with silver?)

    Mark - Javen? That's a new one on me!!

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious.

    Well my daughter should be Marlene Mina, and my son Dominic Ross, which is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you try your own? According to this, I should have called you Vanessa Hilary!!! What a lucky escape you had!!!

    Love Mum x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carson Boston

    Darlene.


    Jeez, my kids had a lucky escape!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carol - I just looked up the website again for either boy or girl, and you would have been Jaime Carson - even worse!

    Love Mum x

    ReplyDelete
  9. For me a girl would have been Laurel and a boy Corbin. Actually I quite like Corbin but my son is actually called Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just one word from me...un-f'in-believable! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debs - They are not bad at all!!

    Mum - OMG...I am so not a Vanessa Hillary!!! I'm rather glad that you stuck to Carol :-)

    Lane - LOL!! Carson Boston sounds like a used car salesman :-). Yep, I would say that your kids definitely had a lucky escape!!

    Mum - Well, you would have been Avery Lisa....hahahaha, Avery!!!

    Lindsay - Tim is a good name :-). I have never met anyone called Tim that I didn't like!!

    SueG - I know!!! Says something about the average age of parents these days doesn't it!!

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well according to the baby name genie we have failed with naming all three of our boys. If only we'd known this at the start...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Noah & Lorena.....uh...you mean people pay for this crap?LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's the idea of subscribing to the service I can't fathom!

    ReplyDelete
  15. DJ - I dread to think what your boys would have been called if you'd known about it!!

    Blu - I'm afraid they do....scary eh!! (Must be nice to have more money than sense!!)

    Helen - I know!! How many times do you need to use the service??

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so please leave one.