Sunday, 26 July 2009

I'm Auctioning My Painting

I have decided, after much question asking (Thank you to everyone who gave an opinion), that I will auction the painting that I did of Blu's photo. I have set a reserve price, under which it will not be sold, and have decided that if anyone bids more than my reserve the additional money will go to a local charity (Yes, I do put my money where my mouth is!!).

This is a photograph of the painting and it can be hung this way

or this way.

It is an original painting by me (No prints have been made so it really is a one off!!). It is 23cm wide and 30 cm tall, was done using Acrylic Paints and is signed and dated on the back.

If you would like to place a bid please e-mail me at carol_burns@hotmail.co.uk, put 'Painting Bid' in the subject of your e-mail, state what price you are willing to pay and where in the world you are based (For postage and packaging reasons). Now, I'm not sure the best way to go about this but, if I was bidding, I would want to have the option of upping my bid if someone placed a higher one (Well, you've got to be positive about these things don't you!!) so with that in mind, please also state whether you want to know if your bid has been passed and I will make sure that you are kept informed. The deadline for bids is Friday 7th August at 5pm.

I've never done this before and have probably missed some vital piece of information so if you have any questions please just ask :-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: I've set the reserve at £40


Absolute Vanilla - This view is for you *grins*

14 comments:

  1. Oh, flippin 'eck, I wish I'd just offered to buy it in the first place, I love it! And I'm going to be away for the final hammer-banging wotsit. The stress, THE STRESS!

    :0)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant. Hope you do well with it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. SpiralSkies - LOL!! Try not to get too stressed about it...I'll probably not get any bids at all :-D

    Helen - Thank you for the idea (Although I have a funny feeling that Jen will be cursing you!!)

    Amanda - Thanks hon. I'm a bit nervous about doing it but decided 'what the hell' nothing ventured nothing gained and all that!!

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. But what is the reserve price? I want to bid but can't until I know what the reserve is. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the painting as trees Carol. Don't unfortunately have sapre wherewithall at the mo but am sure it will go for a fabulous price.
    CKx
    PS thanks so much for visiting my blog - the gallery pics are all of original artworks and those are still for sale. I will get dad to send you an email - just out of interest if nothing else!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I think you need to state the reserve price in your post so people know where to start bidding. Your other alternative, for future reference, is to perhaps use ebay and provide a reference about Carol the Painter!
    I don't know why, but I keep trying to look at the painting sideways (but then I am a bit odd...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. DJ - The reserve price is £40. I will be happy if it goes for that :-)

    Calico Kate - Awwww, thank you.

    I'm auctioning it because I'm trying to raise some money for Hubby's 40th birthday. (I've just come back from setting up an Art Exhibition at our local Abbey and I saw a good few paintings that I would have been quite happy to part with money for so it's probably just as well I don't have any :-))

    Your Dad's stuff is brilliant...very original. It's my birthday next week so perhaps if I get some money....

    Absolute Vanilla - I've just updated the post to include the reserve price (didn't know that you should put it on there!!). Hmmm, I've sold stuff through ebay before but never one of my paintings...didn't even think of it as an option (Doh!!).

    I like odd....odd is good :-)

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful! I'm off to bid now!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claire - I am so ridiculously excited!! Your bid is the first official one I have received *Grins*

    Thank you so much

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a beautiful picture, Carol and if only we had some space on the walls then I would put in a bid. Mr FF paints and sketches, so does his mum and between all the flats and houses we have had and bought paintings and prints for, well there is not an inch of space left. We even have them alongside the wall going up the stairs.

    I hope you get top dollar though - student life and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. French Fancy - That is definitely the downside of having an artistic family....our walls are exactly the same!! Unfortunately, we also have a tendency to buy a picture when we visit somewhere, a habit that we really need to get out of, which means double trouble!! (We have god knows how many cluttering up our spare room!!)

    I've already had a few bids and am happy to say that I am past my reserve price :-)

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea! I'll have to pass this time, but I'm very excited that you've passed your reserve price! That's brilliant!

    Which charity will be receiving the surplus money?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ladyfi - I've not chosen a charity yet to be honest. I thought I might ask whoever bids the highest if they have a preference (If they don't then I will probably donate it to Cancer Research :-))

    C x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so please leave one.