My mother-in-law, Sadie Burns, lost her battle with stomach cancer last week. She died peacefully surrounded by family. We are all heartbroken but glad that she is no longer in pain. I'll be blogging again once the funeral is over and the dust has settled.
Since I am not going to have internet access for the next few days I thought I would leave you with this fun little meme.
For those of you that have ever wanted to be in a band....here's what you do...
1. Band Name. Go to 'wikipedia' (click here) and hit 'random article'. The first article it comes up with is what you call the name of your band.
Result: My Band name is Cookie Bouquet (Decorated cookies on sticks that have been arranged in a container much as a flower bouquet might be)
2. Album Title. Go to "Random quotations" (click here) and then click on Random Quotes. The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.
Result: My Album Title is Hung out to dry. (OMG the quote made me laugh so I'm going to share it with you...... 'Anybody caught selling macrame in public should be dyed a natural colour and hung out to dry' Calvin Trillin.)
3. Album Cover. Go to flickr (click here). The third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.
Result: I got a gorgeous drawing from a lady called shawna.
4. The Album. Use a graphics package to put it all together. (If you don't have one then you can go here for a free online one)
5. TAG the friends you want to join in. I tag anyone that wants to have a go....it's good fun!!
(If you do have a go please let me know....I'd like to see what you come up with)
As you all know a very close family member was diagnosed with stomach cancer whilst we were over from Thailand in October. The poor love has now gone through three rounds of chemotherapy and is going into hospital today.....tomorrow the surgeon will be opening them up to see exactly what is going on. If it's good news they will remove the tumour.
I don't care if your Protestant, Catholic, Muslim, Buddhist, Jewish, Jehovah's Witness, Mormon, a happy heathen or a member of some strange cult in outer mongolia that just happens to have internet access and reads my blog.....please send some positive thoughts their way tomorrow.
You are now entering the weird and wonderful world of Carol Burns where flights take you into outer space, DNA floats above your head and people talk in colours.
Carol is an artist and illustrator well known for her slightly strange line drawings, her acrylic paintings using gold/silver/copper leaf and her Illustrated Family Tree/Family Home pieces.