Sunday, 20 March 2011

Some random things

I am feeling a bit lacking in the old blogging inspiration department today. I have a cold and am feeling pretty miserable so I'm going to share some random facts with you which made me giggle:

1. The average Facebook user spends more than 55 minutes a day on the site. They use the Like button nine times a month and write 25 comments each month. (Blimey!)

2. The Licensing Act of 1872 (UK) states that it is illegal to operate a cow whilst drunk.

3. London Hackney Cabs must carry a bale of hay and a sack of oats (For the horses of course!). What's hillarious is that these laws have not changed for over 100 years and aparently some taxi firms have tiny bales of hay manufactured so that drivers can stay within the law!

4. Pregnant woman can relieve themselves anywhere without fear of breaking any laws! (Seriously, even in a policemans helmet if she so desired!)

5. It is illegal to ride an ugly horse in Washington.

6. According to Florida law, anyone who takes a bath must wear clothes.

7. If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.

8. An iceberg contains more heat than a lit match.

9. In ancient Rome, when a man testified in court he would swear on his testicles.

10. Laughter is a proven way to lose weight! (Bring on the comedy!)

19 comments:

  1. I swear by my testicles - this is a hilarious post! And how on earth do you operate a cow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LadyFi - I wonder what would happen if he was found in contempt of court! Hehehe, yes, that question popped into my head when I read that about the cows too....and then I thought perhaps I shouldn't ask!

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughter is good for us in so many ways. Thanks for this, and I hope your cold is better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew that about laughter - but then I didn't know most of them. Hello again to you here on your blog - you woman with so many balls in the air.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. - I think you have the old link to my blog in your sidebar btw. It goes nowhereeeeeeeeeee
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Queenie - Laughter is by far the best tonic...for just about everything!!

    French Fancy - I didn't know most of them either but they did make me giggle.

    I'm trying to blog at least once a week...I just find that I'm spending so much time in front of the computer working that I don't want to even look at it in the evenings!

    I've amended it now :-) and have popped over. Keep your chin up hon...things will get better!

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful Carol. Next time there is s lull in conversation when out in a group I shall be able to drop in these facts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry - I meant to say first off that i hope you are feeling better real soon!

    I see that I have fat-finger syndrome as I meant to say next time there is a lull...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marilyn - LOL. I'm glad you liked them....they made me giggle so I thought I would share!

    Don't you worry, I knew that you were thinking 'get well soon' :-)

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor horses - especially if beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

    I'm going to have strange dreams after reading these, Carol - lol!

    Hope your cold was helped by the laughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ughhhhhh....you and me on the sick deal.
    <-- sick of being sick, dangitall.....

    But these helped!
    'Cept for the ugly horsie one. :-(
    Poor horsie.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those. I think over here it's still okay to throw your chamberpot contents out of the window as long as you shout 'Gardez lou' (sp?) first. Charming!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You might think you are lacking in inspiration but this was a fun read :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Swearing on your testicles... what a load of balls!.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was great fun! Have a good rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just told my wife about the policemans hat (she is 38.5 weeks pregnant at the moment). She's gone off to find a bobby now....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those facts are hilarious. I want to ride in a taxi that has a tiny bale of hay!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great facts! I hope you are feeling better soon. :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is one ugly horse, he aint never gonna get into town.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so please leave one.