Thursday, 14 July 2011

I am still alive...stressed...but alive

Blimey it's been a while eh! I shall return properly but you will have to wait till September (seriously, I have an ever expanding list of things I am going to do in September...sleep is right at the top, closely followed by drawing and blogging....oh, and reading a book that is non-academic..so can't wait to do that!!).

Right now I'm just trying to beat my dissertation into some kind of shape!

I've 14,000 words to write (so far I have 5,000 ish) which needs to be completed and handed in on the 3rd of September. It sounds like loads of time till you factor in the fact that I'm writing about topics I've not studied before so I'm having to learn the topic as I'm writing, my academic supervisor is on holiday in August (how dare he!!) so the majority of it has to be done before he goes away so that I can get his input, 120 patients and carers got involved in my research so I have oodles of raw data that needs coded (which has to be done by the end of this month) and I have a separate report to write for work which needs to be completed by the 14th of August (Bloody GP consortium have decided to bring forward their discussion on the redesign of services for those with long-term conditions and since this work is to represent the patients view on the topic there is no way I can miss that deadline!!). I do kinda feel like I'm drowing!! But I only have a month and a half to go and then......freedom

Whispers *and then I am never ever ever studying anything ever again*

13 comments:

  1. I remember how frightened you were about successfully completing your last big hurdle, but complete it you did, and with flying colours. I'm sure you do a great job again. Go! Fight! Win! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck my dear! Sounds like a crazy next few weeks, but am sure you will manage it all. Look forward to reading your posts when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, you're still around. I reckon the truth is you're spending hours in the Smoking Dog trying to 'find inspiration' - hold on a moment... that's what I did as a student.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue - I'm just as frightened about this...if not more so because it's such a big piece of work and everything hinges on it!! I've just got so much to do and it feel like I have hardly any time to do it in!!

    Juniper - Oh I do hope so...feels like I'm never going to get there at the moment!!

    Mark - LOL...truth is I was in there last night! I had a day off yesterday but am paying for it today since it's 8am on a Saturday morning and I'm about to start my work for the day!

    Thanks for the luck...I think I'm going to need it!

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you're closer than you think! Silly gal....you'll do just fine. Breathe. Remember the mission here....and give it what you have to give......which is always your best. You don't settle.

    But a good book on the patio with NOTHINGNESS sounds like it would be a very welcomed thing about now......

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reward in September for all your hard work - exclusive (uncorrected proof copy) preview of "The Lewis Man". Then I'll be looking for your support as I toil to complete the third!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck and roll on September!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like you I have not been around much in Blogland recently. Congratulations on getting your diploma with distinction. Now you just need one last push to convert it to a masters degree. The finishing line and freedom are in sight. I wish you luck but I am sure that you do not need it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mel - I know it's the last big push (so to speak) but the workload is HUGE and I'm just really worried that I'm not going to get it all done in time. It's not the coding that takes ages but the copying and pasting of it into a seperate document...it takes FOREVER and I can't help but feel when I'm doing it that my time could be much better spent! I think I need to clone myself...but then again...two of me running around would be a very very bad thing!!

    Thanks for the luck hon!

    Dad - I can promise you that that will be the first thing I read once I'm done!! I'm saving it as a treat! Yup, there will be loads of support coming from here to you there :-)

    Helen - Thank you and yes, it can't come soon enough!!

    Cheshire Wife - Its hard sometimes to fit in all the things we want to do round the things we have to isn't it! I can't wait till I have my life back!!

    Thanks for the luck hon...I think I'm going to need it!

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're achieving so much, I don't know how you fit it all in. Go, you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I can't see how you could fit in the blog with all that bloomin writing!...best wishes Blu :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debs - I'm not sure how I fit it all in either!! I think it may be called having no life :-)

    Blu - I'm now at 9,000 words...it's creeping up..

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh; deary me. That made me feel a bit sick. Too reminiscent of similar experiences though I think you win!

    So proud of you. xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so please leave one.